A Superman backpack and a moment of prayer

I go to the Watkins Emergency Shelter for women and family's on Wednesday afternoons to help single parents with their identification issues. Yesterday I pulled up just as the school bus was coming to a stop and one little guy about 5 years old hopped off with his Superman backpack bouncing as he walked. He had a fresh, new, back-to-school haircut and walked up to the door of the shelter and went in.

In that moment I saw my son when he was in kindergarten getting off the bus 7 years ago and in my sadness thought every 5 year old should have his own bed. EVERY 5 YEAR OLD SHOULD HAVE HIS OWN BED!!! I had to pull myself together before going in and I say a prayer for that little boy who touched my heart yesterday. I hope he gets his own bed soon...

Comments