Excuse me sir......

Pssstt....look at me. Do you know how hard it was to ask you for money knowing you think I'm a loser? Please when you look at me SEE ME. A thought from the bedraggled guy on the corner who asked you for change. See him, think about his life.. now find a way to make a difference...

I had a guy last week from a halfway house who was dropped off at the campus to get his ID and such and had no means to get back to the halfway house. Yet they EXPECT him to be back there by a certain time... not just expect but DEMAND. So how does one buy a bus ticket when one has no money? They swallow their pride and ask a stranger for change. (By the way, an all day bus ticket in Phoenix, Az is just under 4 bucks, that's a lot of change to collect when most people just ignore your request).

I was able to give him the money he needed but that's not always the case. You can help. Ask me how. †

http://www.azhomeless.org/

Comments