Bennet

Bennett came into our office a little scruffy looking, I assisted him in filling out the application for his birth certificate so he could switch his out of state ID card over to AZ.

When I next saw Bennett, I didn't recognize him until I pulled up his file and realized I was the one who had ordered his birth certificate for him. He had a fresh haircut, was clean shaven and more outgoing. He radiated a quiet confidence that had been missing during our previous meeting.

He showed me his birth certificate which had arrived in the mail the previous day, we talked as I wrote a check for him to get his AZ identification. He was happy and had a plan he said. I congratulated him and wished him luck.

Bennett knocked on the door the next day, he wished to store his birth certificate with us and showed me his shiny new ID... his ticket off the campus... his ticket to a job.

Bennett showed up the next week. He had a question... would the Chaplain help him get his food handlers card? He has a job lined up and already obtained the non slip kitchen shoes and uniforms but needs a food handlers card and lacked the funds. I leaned close and said.. come tomorrow.. bring all the pertinent information and sell yourself Bennett! Let him know you're serious about moving forward......

Bennett was on our list the next day....he sold himself well; how could he not? His quiet confidence and self assuredness are evident to everyone. Bennett got his food handlers card... Bennett is on his way out the door and stepping into the role God has for him....

We are happy to see him go.....

Comments